This story is limited to Techwire Insider members.
This story is limited to Techwire Insider members. Log in below to read this story or learn more about membership.
the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) is recruiting for a deputy directorone of many key IT job openings in the state government.
CDCR seeks a Deputy Director (Career Executive Assignment) for Operations and Support, who will represent the Enterprise Information Services (EIS) Division in “communicating the EIS vision, setting and measuring goals and strategic planning,” according to the job posting.
The application deadline for this position is Thursday.
“The Deputy Director provides direct and indirect supervision to all Information Technology personnel throughout CDCR and is responsible for the management, operations, improvement and continuous enhancements of the system of technology systems at the statewide in support of CDCR’s operations and management,” the director said. job offer Remarks.
Job duties include:
- Responsible for the formulation, implementation and evaluation of the department’s policies and programs relating to the company’s technology operations. Ensures that existing and future State CIO IT policies are rolled out statewide throughout CDCR, including compliance with all guidelines and guidelines. Interprets legislation and advises and represents the CDCR and the Director of SIE in the deployment of IT policy.
- Oversees operations and production support for the most important and critical systems and the infrastructure they run on. EIS oversees more than 90 applications in support of CDCR’s mission, some of which are linked to other state, county, and local systems. Oversees application operations, corporate network, end-user devices, data insights collection, integration, analysis, and dissemination, and IT operations processes within institutions for adults at CDCR, facilities of the Juvenile Justice and Parole Division.
- Maintains executive leadership responsibility for planning, coordinating, directing, and overseeing the operations of services within EIS, and works collaboratively with stakeholders to improve technology-enabled services within CDCR as well than at the state level. Provides leadership and perspective to transform processes, information, application systems, and technologies into an effective and integrated environment that supports the execution of EIS business strategy as well as CDCR’s mission.
More details on the role are available in the declaration of duty. The monthly salary range is $12,028 to $13,657.
the California Department of Technology (CDT) is recruiting for a master’s degree head of infrastructure architecture (IT Specialist III) to work with CDT IT managers and staff responsible for managing departmental risk assessment and stabilization program projects.
The Architecture Lead will be “responsible for having a deep and deep understanding of the IT services, software, hardware, and technology stacks that cross multiple vendors to support the stabilization of critical IT services within the state” , according to job offer. “The responsibilities of this position will include performing triage diagnostics on critical IT services, recommending stability-based corrective actions, and providing triage consulting services.”
Desirable qualifications for this position include:
- Extensive project experience in architecture, documentation, migration and deployment of IT solutions.
- Hands-on technical subject matter expert, able to propose, present and influence architectural design ideas to executives and technical management and work with client developers, architects and technical management.
- Identify key trends and emerging technologies that may enhance or impact the solution architecture to maximize the value of the state’s infrastructure, cloud and hybrid offerings.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on application experience in advanced software-defined networking concepts, cloud computing, and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) methodology.
- Demonstrated strong creative ability with an exceptional track record of innovation and hybrid cloud strategy generation.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, load balancers, reverse proxies).
- Principles, models and use of high availability and disaster recovery.
- Ability to adapt the architect role to a modern DevOps environment with both pre and post development engagements.
This position has a monthly salary range of $8,488 to $11,375, and the application deadline is March 19. More details are available in the declaration of duty.
the Department of Health Services (DHCS) is recruiting for a Section Head (IT Manager I) to manage all functions, projects and responsibilities of Medi-Cal’s Dental Contract Oversight Section, within the Integration, Service Management and Dental Branch (ISMDB).
The Section Chief “is responsible for the overall management of all information technology aspects of California Medicaid Management Information Systems (CD-MMIS) system maintenance, operation, and system change projects, as well as establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our program and policy partners”, the job offer said. “Responsibility includes directing state and contract personnel recruited to develop, manage and implement system changes through existing service and project management frameworks.”
Desirable qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and state IT reporting requirements.
- Certified project management professional preferred.
- ITIL V4 Foundation certification preferred.
- Very strong business relationship management skills and ability to work with all levels of management including executive staff.
- Solid experience working with vendors and major IT contracts.
More information about this role is available in the declaration of duty. The monthly salary range is $8,381 to $11,231 and the application deadline is March 21.