February 14, 2022 2:48 PM EST
foobar2000 is an advanced free audio player for Windows platform. It presents the simplest and most minimalist interface that you will see in this type of program. Other features include full Unicode support, ReplayGain support, and native support for several popular audio formats.
Features of foobar2000:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, Audio CD, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND…and more with additional components.
- Reading without interruption.
- Full Unicode support.
- Easily customizable UI layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend player functionality
foobar2000 1.6.10 changelog:
- Fixed crashing of album art playback with many unique tracks in a folder.
- Workaround for some radios serving .pls which redirect in 302 to the audio/mpeg stream.
- Playlist Search: Don’t reload view / delete playlist if refreshing search didn’t change anything.
- Properly focus the popup on the newly created UI element – library search etc. is now targeted if summoned via a global hotkey.
- #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME implementation for HLS Internet radio.
- Fixed incorrect decoding of FLAC files with 3 channels and no explicit channel mask set. (beta 3)
- Better formatting of error messages related to HTTPS. (beta 4)
- Fixed a rare stop crash. (beta 4)
Download page: foobar2000 1.6.10 | 4.5 MB (freeware)
Connections: Home page | foobar2000 for Mac | Windows Store | android
Get notified of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Report a problem with the article