foobar2000 is an advanced free audio player for the Windows platform. It presents the simplest and most minimalist interface that you have ever seen in this kind of program. Other features include full Unicode support, ReplayGain support, and native support for several popular audio formats.
Features of foobar2000:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, Audio CD, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND … and more with additional components.
- Flawless reading.
- Full Unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced marking capabilities.
- Support for ripping audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full support for ReplayGain.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend player functionality
foobar2000 1.6.8 beta 1 changelog:
- Fixed visual issues when scrolling horizontally through lists with the mouse wheel via Logitech software.
- Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output.
- Fixed component installation failure from store mode zip archives (uncompressed).
- Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, preventing crash due to too many cue sheet entries.
- Correct reporting of the number of AC3 channels in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it incorrectly reports stereo).
- UTF-8 mark sheets allowed without a UTF-8 header.
- Fixed abuse of htmlspecialchars in component update list / component page link.
- MP4 field @mvn mapped to “motion name”.
- Prevents the same folder from being added more than once to the media library.
- Properties Dialog: Deferred logging of user-entered field names for the drop-down list until the tags are logged, effectively preventing the logging of typos.
- Fixed a bug where alt + f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) would not be taken into account if the mouse pointer is over a specific interactive part of a window (controls for list, buttons in edit boxes).
- Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags – some files were completely unreadable.
- “Remove tags” more in depth for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack.
- Fixed text truncation in the ReplayGain scanner preferences page.
Get notified of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Report a problem with the article