foobar2000 is an advanced free audio player for the Windows platform. It presents the simplest and most minimalist interface that you have ever seen in this type of program. Other features include full Unicode support, ReplayGain support, and native support for several popular audio formats.
Features of foobar2000:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, Audio CD, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND … and more with additional components.
- Flawless reading.
- Full Unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced marking capabilities.
- Support for ripping audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full support for ReplayGain.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend player functionality
foobar2000 1.6.9 changelog:
Fixed Properties dialog issues when scrolling horizontally through content.
Fixed converter setup dialog crash when using mouse forward / back buttons to navigate pages.
Fixed truncated text in converter to 125% text size.
Fixed bad behavior of strictmp_utf8 () function in shared.dll causing incorrect behavior of some components.
Fixed incorrect rendering of some elements of the Preferences page with the classic Windows 7 theme.
Fixed a bug preventing some large folders from being added correctly to the playlist.
Bypass apparently incorrect playback of audio tracks starting with the first few hits of the drums with default output settings.
Updated middle scroll-click marker.
I cleaned up various leftovers from old versions.
Fixed blank property content after some (but not all) of the tag writes failed.
Visual consistency fixes in Preferences, mainly affecting Windows 7 in Classic mode.
Be alerted of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
Report a problem with the article