Big changes are coming to a popular Iowa theme park. It wasn’t that long ago that we were preparing to open the new Dragon Slayer ride in Adventureland. Now we have even more new attractions to discover!
According to KCCI, Adventureland Parks announced on its Facebook page that in 2022 they would say goodbye to three classic and older rides, including Lighthouse, Falling Star and Lady Luck. It will be sad to see these long standing rides go, but there will be some exciting new additions.
What new attractions are coming to Adventureland in 2022?
The report says 10 new attractions will be added to the theme park in 2022. Here’s a brief breakdown and what’s new or changed:
- The Foire Renaissance Des Moines will move to the south-eastern corner of the park. It will have its own entrance from outside and inside the park and is expected to open in May.
- The Warhawk Armory will be located where the old Dragon Entrance is.
- Bernie’s Swing will be near the Warhawks arena.
- A new ride called The Lighthouse will replace the old Lighthouse ride that is going away.
- NEW SLIDE! The Revolution is a new boat ride that will take place near the Sheriff Sam’s Saloon.
- The Leap Frogs round will replace Lady Luck.
- Circus balloons will be added near the Space Shot.
- A small swinging boat ride called The Clipper will take place near the Galion.
- The Speedway Racers indoor arena will be added to the Arcade building.
- The Rockin ‘Rainbow, a rotating swing, will be added by the Space Shot.
KCCI has confirmed to the park that the Raging River Amusement Park, where an 11-year-old boy died in July, will remain in the park. See video and photos of new attractions coming to the park HERE.
You still have time to enjoy the old rides that are going away, as Adventureland is open on weekends until September 19. Plan your visit before these rides are gone for good.