The presentations and tutorials presented at the 4th Annual Python Web Conference are now available for free. Topics ranged from code and technology to social and business advice.
Six Feet Up’s Python Web Conference 2022 (#PWC2022) was a virtual event that ran from March 21-25 and was geared toward Python web developers. It brought together 90 international experts presenting 85 topics such as Django, CI/CD, containers, serverless, REST API, web security and microservices, divided into 6 tracks. Tickets were priced at $99 for students and $199 for pros, and attendees were 376 developers from 36 countries.
Post-event presentations and recordings were shared as a huge playlist on YouTube. Development discussions covered topics such as:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- machine learning
- big data
- Simplified software development
- native cloud
- Team Building / Remote work
- Front end development
- Web Security
As is obvious, there are too many videos for me to detail, but here is my selection of the best and must-haves:
- Python coding errors, causes of vulnerabilities and how to fix them! by Christopher Van Der Made
- Towards Reliability by Jayesh Ahire
- A vulnerable story about burnout by Julia Simon
- Why should developers care about container security? by Eric Smalling
- You Won’t Have a Password: Modern Authentication for Web Applications by Eli Holderness
- How to TDD a REST API by Gil Zilberfeld
- CI/CD with Python: From Code to Cloud by Daniel Keler
- Production-Ready Python Serverless Web APIs by Raphael Jambalos
- From Scratch to Production-Ready: A Best Practices Process for Docker Packaging by Itamar Turner-Trauring
- Writing Better Developer Documentation by Meredydd Luff
- Tutorial: End-to-End Testing with Playwright by Andrew Knight
- Communication is just as important as code by Mr. Scott Ford
Of course, the conversation wasn’t just about code. Other presentations included:
- An Imposter Is Among Us (Pretty Sure It’s Me…): Battling Imposter Syndrome by Elizabeth Gray
- Be the CEO of Your Career by Mike Mead
What does career success mean to you? How are you going to achieve this? In this session, whether you want to move up the corporate ladder or grow more in your current role, you’ll learn creative methods to help you achieve ultimate career success.
- Joe Developer Confessions by Daniel Roy Greenfeld
During 17 years of professional Python development at Octopus Energy, NASA, and various agencies, Daniel Roy Greenfeld has learned many easy tricks stolen from the best and brightest in the software community that make him look good in front of his peers and colleagues.
- Enterprise-Wide Tech Communities by Marianna Polatoglou and Monica Ho
Bring the techs together and the tech communities will form organically. It is therefore a question of perpetuating and encouraging this collaboration to promote their success.
- Musicha Christmas Flower
Whoever tells the most compelling story shapes the future. What story does your work tell? When you’re gone, what will be the proof of your life?
It was certainly a great event with quality material and the fact that the lectures were made available for free after the event is something much appreciated. So choose your favorite and go watch it!
The complete YouTube playlist with 91 threads
Children learn to code in Python with the Raspberry Pi Foundation
A crash course in Python from Google
Fly over the Moon with Microsoft and Python