The role: we are hiring Liferay developers. If you are looking for a long term contract with a global giant with sufficient access to the latest technology, this is a great opportunity to [URL Removed] and experience: Education and experience
- National Certificate (Matric).
- Fluent oral and written English, with strong presentation skills.
- Certified in a National Diploma, BSc in Computer Science or BCom in Information Systems (or similar).
- At least 3 years ?? experience in web development and content management systems in general, with at least 2 years of specific Liferay experience an asset.
- Liferay Enterprise DXP 7.0 and later.
- Interfacing with RESTful and SOAP web services.
- Strong knowledge of design models and refactoring concepts.
- Hands-on expertise in tuning and optimizing performance and analyzing problems.
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with modern project management, CI / CD and team collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Jenkins, Gerrit).
- Understanding of Agile principles.
- Play an essential role in the design, development, testing and deployment of Liferay DXP solutions.
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Solution Architects and other developers to analyze and understand business requirements and the business case, in order to produce simple, cost effective and innovative solutions using the Liferay DXP product .
- Design effective content templates, security templates, workflows, and templates for the Liferay DXP product.
- Solid experience in producing technical documentation including class diagrams, activity diagrams, ERDs, operational and support documentation, etc.
- Implement solutions designed in accordance with company standards, processes, tools and frameworks.
- Apply usability and UX best practices to all deliverables.
- Use data from external data sources and APIs.
- Thoroughly test the quality of software produced by participating in code reviews, using static code analysis tools, creating and running unit tests, functional tests, regression tests, performance tests and stress testing (and evaluating the results of performance measurements collected through the Software).
- Participate in feasibility studies, concept validation, JAD sessions, estimation and costing sessions, evaluate and revise programming methods, tools and standards, etc.