Our client is looking for a senior .NET developer responsible for building and maintaining .NET applications using C #, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, .Net Core, MS SQL. Your main responsibility will be to design, develop, monitor and maintain applications developed internally and by third parties (Sage Evolution and Sage People), providing innovative tools to the Finance & HR team, automating business processes and inheritance transition. Net Framework to the latest stable .Net 5 (Core) technology.
- The ideal candidate will have experience and a keen interest in financial systems.
- You will be proud to obtain accurate results according to standard accounting practices.
- You must be willing to learn and work with new technologies to meet business and stakeholder requirements.
This role will focus on the following:
- Monitor the ecosystem of financial applications developed in-house and third parties.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and design solutions to mitigate and resolve these issues.
- Translate user stories and use cases into functional applications.
- Design, create and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Guarantee the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
- Integrate financial systems.
- Automate business processes.
- Help maintain the quality, organization and automation of code.
The technical requirements
- Proven ability to deliver high quality software in an agile environment.
- A minimum of 10 years of work in a software development environment.
- Master C #, ASP.NET Core, .Net Framework, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Blazor and MS SQL with a good knowledge of their ecosystems.
- Proficiency in writing reusable libraries.
- Experience with popular web application frameworks.
- In-depth understanding of code versioning tools.
- Have a good understanding of software testing concepts and techniques.
- Be well familiar with software engineering tools and best practices (SOLID, OOP, SDLC).
- Extensive experience in unit testing and integration testing.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
BSc or BTech with a specialization in Computer Science will be advantageous, however, your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of web technologies and good software engineering practices will outweigh a formal qualification.
Desired skills and experience
- More than 10 years of experience in C #, .Net Framework and .Net Core
- More than 10 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with financial systems and interest in accounting (advantageous Sage Evolution experience)
- Experience with Azure Devops, Git and CI / CD pipelines
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with message queue technologies
- Software development
Desired work experience:
Desired qualification level:
About the employer:
A leader in the industry with offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and abroad has a great culture and a team.
Employer and benefits: