Home Cd rom TWICE Tops Billboard’s Album Sales Chart With “Between 1&2”

TWICE Tops Billboard’s Album Sales Chart With “Between 1&2”

0

TWICE scores their second No. 1 on BillboardChart of best-selling albums by (dated September 10) as Between 1&2: 11th Mini Album debuted atop the tally. The set enters with a career-high 94,000 copies sold in the United States in the week ending September 1, according to Luminate. This sum also marks the fifth biggest sales week of any album in 2022.

The South Korean group was previously number 1 with The taste of love: the 10th mini-album in 2021.

More from Billboard

Like many K-pop releases, the CD setup of Between 1&2 was released in deluxe collectible packages (17 in total, including versions sold exclusively through Target, Barnes & Noble and the band’s official online store), each with a standard set of randomized items and items (such as photo cards, posters and stickers); 96.5% of the album’s first week sales were on CD. The remaining 3.5% were digital album sales (just over 3,000). The set was not released in any other physical format, such as vinyl or cassette.

Also in the top 10 of the new Top Album Sales: Kendrick Lamar’s Mr. Morale and Big Steps and Silk Sonic An Evening with Silk Sonic both re-enter the chart (at numbers 2 and 3) after their vinyl releases (the latter setting a new modern-era vinyl sales record for an R&B album); Muse’s new album will of the people bows out at No. 4, Casting Crowns’ Healer reached the top five for the first time (reentering the chart at No. 5) after its deluxe re-release with additional tracks; and the stars of DJ Khaled God made bows at No. 6.

BillboardThe Top Album Sales chart ranks the top-selling albums of the week based solely on traditional album sales. The history of the chart dates back to May 25, 1991, the first week Billboard began compiling tables with information on electronically controlled room counts from SoundScan, now Luminate. Pure album sales were the only metric used by the Billboard 200 albums chart through the list dated December 6, 2014, after which that chart switched to a methodology that mixes album sales with album units track equivalents and streaming equivalent album units. The new chart dated September 10, 2022 will be published in full on Billboard‘s on Wednesday, September 7 (one day later than usual, due to Labor Day in the United States on September 5). For all charting news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on Twitter and Instagram.

Between 1&2The launch of 94,000 copies sold is the fifth biggest sales week for any album in 2022, after the first images of Harry Styles. Harry’s house (330,000), BTS’ Evidence (266,000), that of Beyoncé Renaissance (190,000) and Stray Kids Stray Kids Mini Album: Oddinaire (103,000).

by Kendrick Lamar Mr. Morale and Big Steps re-entered Top Album Sales at No. 2 with 38,000 copies sold (up 2,408%), following its vinyl release on August 26. Of that sum of sales, vinyl sales include nearly 36,000 – Lamar’s best selling week ever on vinyl. (It debuted at No. 2 on the Vinyl Albums Chart, which ranks the best-selling vinyl tracks of the week.)

The No. 2 rank is a new high for the album, which previously debuted and peaked at No. 3 on the chart dated May 28 only for digital download and CD sales. Additionally, the 38,000 copies sold mark the album’s best selling week to date, surpassing its launch by 35,000 copies.

Mr. Morale and Big Steps also records the third-biggest sales week for a rap-on-vinyl album since Luminate began tracking sales in 1991. The single biggest weeks were recorded by the opening footage of Tyler, the Creator’s Call me if you get lost (50,000; chart dated April 30) and Kid Cudi’s The Man on the Moon 3: The Chosen One (42,000; chart dated Jan. 1). (Rap albums are defined as those that hit Billboardof the chart of the best rap albums.)

As Mr Moraleboth Call me and Man on the Moon III saw their vinyl releases arrive after the album was initially tipped through streamers and through other formats available at retail. Mr Morale was released on streamers and on CD and digital download on May 13 – three months before its vinyl release. Both Call me and Man on the Moon III released on vinyl almost a year after their first releases.

Silk Sonic is also returning to top-selling albums after a delayed vinyl release, as the duo of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak see their An Evening with Silk Sonic re-enter at No. 3 with 38,000 sold (up 4,595%). Its vinyl dropped on August 26 – nine months after the album’s initial airplay and retail release (both as a download and on CD).

The album’s 38,000 copies sold in the week ending September 1 marks the album’s second-biggest sales week to date, only surpassed by its opening week of 42,000 (digital download). and CD, painting dated November 27, 2021).

During the week ending September 1, An Evening with Silk Sonic sold 37,000 copies on vinyl – prompting its debut at No. 1 on the Vinyl Albums Chart. Further away, An Evening with Silk Sonic marks the biggest week of sales for an R&B album on vinyl since Luminate began tracking sales in 1991. The previous biggest week for an R&B set on wax was earned by the vinyl debut of The Weeknd’s Dawn FM earlier this year. (R&B albums are defined as those that hit Billboardof the Top R&B Albums chart.)

Muse’s new album will of the people debuted at No. 4 on the album chart with 20,000 copies sold. This is the sixth effort in the top 10 of the group. On the vinyl albums chart, the set launched at No. 3 with 8,000 sold – the act’s best sales week on vinyl since Luminate began tracking data in 1991.

Throwing crowns’ Healer returned to Top Album Sales, re-entering the chart at No. 5 with 10,000 sold (up 3,335%) after the album was reissued with seven additional tracks. This is another chart peak and strong sales for the album, which had already debuted and peaked at No. 9 with 7,000 sold on the chart dated January 29. CD sales of the deluxe album were bolstered by its availability in a signed edition on the act’s official online store which retailed from $5.

DJ Khaled’s new guests God made enters the top-selling album chart at No. 6 with 10,000 sold – largely from digital downloads. (88% of its first-week sales were digital album sales; the remaining 12% include CD sales.) God made is Khaled’s 11th top 10 on best-selling albums. His first came just over 15 years ago, with We the best (beginning and peaking at #8 on the chart dated June 30, 2007).

The former leader of ENHYPEN Manifesto: Day 1 falls 6-7 on top selling albums with 8,000 sold (down 22%) and tops the Harry Styles charts Harry’s house plunges 7-8 with nearly 8,000 (down 20%).

Five Finger Death Punch Life after death dropped 2-9 in its second week with 6,000 sales (down 75%) while Madonna Finally enough love down from 1 to 10 in its second frame with nearly 6,000 (down 81%). In the week ending September 1, 1.758 million albums were sold in the United States (up 1.3% from the previous week). Of that sum, physical albums (CDs, vinyls, cassettes, etc.) accounted for 1.382 million (up 2.5%) and digital albums accounted for 377,000 (down 3%).

There were 669,000 CD albums sold in the week ending September 1 (up 5% week over week) and 702,000 vinyl albums sold (up 0.3%) . Year-to-date CD album sales were 22.870 million (down 8.5% from the same period a year ago) and vinyl album sales year-to-date the year amounted to 25.868 million (up 0.1%).

Total album sales year-to-date were 62.884 million (down 8.1% from the same period year-to-date a year ago). Year-to-date, physical album sales totaled 49.085 million (down 4%) and digital album sales totaled 13.799 million (down 20.1%).

Click here to read the full article.