The past week has been filled with disappointment and tragedy in the beauty industry. The biggest story was the news that beauty brand Glossier is laying off more than 80 employees, about a third of its workforce.
Separately, BH Cosmetics, which created cosmetic formulas for Doja Cat and Iggy Azalea, filed for bankruptcy. The company announced that it would sell its intellectual property for $4.3 million.
In a tragic turn of events, French actor Gaspard Ulliel has died aged 37 following a skiing accident. Ulliel was known for portraying the young Hannibal Lecter in Hannibal rising (2007) and fashion mogul Yves Saint Laurent in the biopic Saint Laurent (2014), and for being the face of the men’s perfume Chanel Bleu de Chanel.
Here are our 10 most viewed stories from the past week:
1. Glossier is laying off a third of its workforce
2. Top 50 Cosmetics Companies Ranking
3. BH Cosmetics files for bankruptcy
4. Ranking of the 50 best cosmetic companies 2021
5. Gaspard Ulliel, face of Chanel Bleu perfume, dies at 37
6. Sunny Jain leaves Unilever
7. Garnier launches water-saving leave-in conditioner
8. Unilever will cut 1,500 jobs in its reorganization
9. The biggest beauty industry deals and acquisitions in 2021
10. Oscar Mayer is launching a Bologna-inspired face mask â and it’s no joke
Thanks for reading our latest news. We will have a new list for you next Monday.
Have a good week!