PARTNER FEATURE: Global operators are actively adopting cloud native technology and NFV network lands, so that operators gradually know that in building virtual networks, they can really take advantage of the telecommunication network change brought by the cloud technology of the promotion of building automation and intelligence and operating capacity. In addition, NFV technology converts the traditional single-vendor hardware-software integration network device into hierarchical, multi-vendor decoupling cloud architecture, multi-vendor integration is the main issue when building the NFV network. NFV cloud integration faces the challenges of the high complexity of integration between vendors and improving the efficiency of large-scale network integration, so there is a need to optimize the process and the integration mode to meet the challenges. Thus, the main points of construction of the operators’ telecommunications cloud network are gradually moving from innovation of the NFV platform to innovation of integration of the NFV cloud.
- Forge ZTE NFV integration solution based on technological innovation.
For the challenges of operators in the field of cloud integration, ZTE is gradually forging an NFV integration solution from aspects of data standardization, standardization of procedures and automation of tools based on project experience and technological innovation.
- Standardization of data: Standard data is the soul that runs through NFV multi-vendor integration.
The achievement of multi-vendor CI / CD automation is based on the standardization of integration data and the standardization of the interface which is a general trend towards lowering costs and promoting delivery efficiency. integration. Currently, LLD (Low Level Design) data from different vendors mainly meet the deployment and configuration requirements of their own products, they do not fully take into account the interconnection of different vendors of three-layer decoupling, which may result in different data and heavy adoption workload when interconnecting. ZTE helps operators start the implementation of integration data standardization and continuously promotes standardization / modeling of configuration information and detailed planning of NFV hardware, software and network contributing to data standardization integration.
- Standardization of the procedure: The standard procedure is the basis for orderly and highly efficient NFV integration.
The delivery of the NFV integration project involves the interconnection debugging of several components from several vendors, there is a heavy workload and many problems and the time is limited, it is necessary to make a standardized and optimal design of the procedure to ensure a highly efficient NFV integration. ZTE extracts procedure optimization design ideas through project practice:
- ZTE analyzes associated operations and parallelizes weak association integration operations;
- Before the delivery of the hardware device, ZTE completes all the configuration required by the software integration and performs the transmission of the configuration;
- ZTE performs pre-integration and verification in the laboratory environment, identifies integration issues in advance and resolves them;
- ZTE builds a pre-integration center, performs pre-integration of integration products in advance, and consolidates the entire integration plan into the required resource pool.
The above solutions effectively promote process efficiency and significantly reduce the difficulty and workload of on-site integration.
- Tool automation: The automatic integration tool guarantees the efficiency and quality of the NFV integration.
It is already accepted that the automation of the ZTE integration process guarantees the efficiency and quality of the integration. All traditional operators build an automatic integration tool framework, perform automatic deployment and testing of heterogeneous components from different vendors, and promote open source of the automatic tool framework. ZTE is already developing an integration automation tool in the areas of NFV planning and design, installation deployment and acceptance testing. The AIC tool platform developed by ZTE achieves integration delivery automation, reduces human error, and remarkably promotes delivery efficiency. In addition, ZTE continuously cooperates with operators to promote the interoperability of supplier automation tools in multiple projects and helps forge the unified integration / testing / delivery link of the E2E tool on an ongoing basis.
- Real knowledge comes from practice, ZTE actively cooperates with operators to create NFV integration capability.
ZTE actively participates in the integration of cloud integration technology of national and international operator network and cooperates with several operators to promote pilot verification in the field of CI-CT test. ZTE presents and verifies the self-developed CI-CT plan through the verification of several projects. In Openlab, the application of the AIC tool developed by ZTE in the CI-CT pipeline is as follows:
- Based on the Jenkins framework, the system automatically deploys the virtual layer with the AIC deployment tool and completes the integration interconnect with the distributed storage from different vendors using the plug-ins greatly promoting the efficiency of deployment and the integration.
- Provide the LLD files generated by the AIC planning and design tool to the CI pipeline as the resource pool deployment data source, import the files into the AIC deployment tool, and then the automatic deployment is complete; it saves a lot of manpower, and the configuration error rate is 0.
- The AIC Deployment Tool and Jenkins Framework already complement debugging and on-premises deployment in multiple pilot resource pools, achieve automatic interconnect integration of distributed storage from different vendors, and complete the application of the CI-CT plan. in different resource pool configuration scenarios.
- The continuous revolution contributes to NFV integration innovation for operators.
Currently, the development and popularity of the NFV network blurs the line between CT and IT. The new mode of cooperation is emerging among traditional device providers, Internet companies and telecommunications operators. So keep the spirit and principle of open source and win-win cooperation, cooperate with partners for technological innovation and product integration solution planning and verification, it is already the basis and consensus to establish the NFV business ecosystem.
Going forward, ZTE is deeply involved in automatic network cloud integration with traditional partners based on NFV layered architecture, comply with industry requirements of 5G era, and continue the revolution contributing to the innovation of NFV integration of operators.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter